Saturday, June 19, 2010

When Learning Is No Longer Joyful

Your best days as a student is during university, or is it?


Tan Vi June actually has this shirt!


C'mon people, is university life really that bad? Besides describing it as boring, tough, stressful, hectic or hellish, don't you have any positive comments at all? I am gonna pursue my basic degree this coming September. You guys should be encouraging me, not the other way around!


One of my previous postings stated on why I envied others whom are studying in traditional universities besides mine;


"What I really want out of my university years is a campus life. In other words, a campus life is where I get to hang out & make new friends, join clubs & societies, represent the university as a delegate at special events & who knows, probably get a girlfriend! That is what OUM actually lacks in, a large space for students to develop their social & creativity skills"


However, this is not the case though. Whenever I ask you people on how's life in uni, I can expect only the typical response, which is either boring, tough, stressful, hectic or hellish because of assignments, exams & presentations! So cham meh? I thought being a student is suppose to be the most exciting & enriching experience of your lives!


If this is the only picture I can remember of myself when I grow old, then forget it. Count me out!


Hell no!


You guys very funny lah. I am the one suppose to be complaining you know because I thought (ar see, again I thought) I'm at a disadvantage here because my chosen uni is not a 'normal' uni, you get what I mean? In other words, I don't attend lecture halls or tutorial classes like everyone does. Instead, I am given the flexibility to arrange meetings with my prospective lecturers of where & when to meet up. Come to think of it, it's actually a good thing isn't it?


OUM, are we destined to make beautiful music together?


But seriously, show me some enthusiasm about your respective unis & courses, okay guys? It's awesome to be a student, & it should be. Always be hungry to seek knowledge. Always be curious to know how things work. And please don't complain, because there are others out there whom are not as fortunate as you to even get an education in the first place. The next time you see me, you know what to do right? Encourage me ~


"I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework" - Lily Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment