Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Crossroads

I've been in my comfort zone for too long. Soon, trials will come knocking on my door!


The time has come for me to make a big decision!


It has been confirmed. Starting next month, I'll be working at Centro Klang as a part-time personal trainer. There's a problem though. My working days is between Monday to Friday, which means I can't go to cell group anymore on Thursdays in order to sustain my job. If I have to sacrifice cell group, that means I am putting God aside!

The first day of July is the day I'll be signing the contract to finalise things up. I could ask my boss to give me a day off on Thursdays in exchange of working extra hours during Saturdays so that I won't neglect my religious obligations. Even so, this alternative will cause another problem to occur!

You see, most of the running competitions I've participated so far are held on weekends. If I choose to give up my Saturdays instead, my career as an athlete will be in jeopardy. There is just no perfect solution to my predicament. This one cannot! That one also cannot! Either way will force me to make a sacrifice in favour of the other. So the question is, will I put God or my career first? I'm at a crossroad here people!


Which way should I take?


The reason why I put alot of emphasis on this issue is because the outcome can either elevate a whole new breakthrough into my life or tear down everything I have build on & bring me back to the drawing board again! Because of one stupid decision, my life in 2007 was a living nightmare. Surely, I do not want a repeat of 2007!

Going to cell group is like going for Christian fellowship, just like the one you see during high school. It may look like a small matter or rather an unimportant event but I've seen people backslided before for not coming to cell group, among other things as well such as prayer meeting, church, etc. Not immediately of course, but you will see their lives start to fall apart slowly bit by bit. This is something I want to avoid of, which is why I must think this through very carefully!

To create a win-win situation with God, I was thinking why don't I attend another cell group during weekends. Ar see so simple, problem solved! But, but, butt! I doubt my leaders will accept this idea, I'm not really sure why but I have a strong feeling it will not go down well with them (think of Wayne Rooney transferring to Liverpool).


Whatever it is, I only have less than a week to make a decision. God, tell me what should I do!


27th June, 7am at Dataran Merdeka. Be there or be square!


Annually, this is one of the biggest marathons in M'sia. When I say biggest, it means there are hundreds of celebrities & personalities participating in this run. Apart from that, the number of runners is enough to make an army! I'm glad I can now give myself a reason to start hitting the treadmill again. So far I know six people will be joining this event too, one of them who is none other than my favourite guy, Teh Yong Yuan!


Courtesy of Nova


Seriously, you gotta love this dude! He's the reason why I keep coming back to serve in the usher ministry again & again. He's like the best brother anyone could ever have, gayishly speaking. It's very hard to find people like him nowadays who just want to build a relationship with you rather than seeing what you can offer him in return. Mystery Shopper gives his professional recommendation that you go make friends with this bloody son of a...

Anyway, you'll be shocked to know that Teh is planning to run a full marathon this coming Sunday. A full marathon is worth 42km, that is like four times my category which is only 10km! My God, only elite athletes can compete in a full marathon because they are mentally prepared & physically conditioned for such long distances. Whereas Teh is just...you know, Teh. Nevertheless, I admire his spirit for attempting the impossible. And it is his spirit that earn him my utmost respect for him, both as a leader & friend ~


"To become truly great, one has to stand with people, not above them" - Charles de Montesquieu

No comments:

Post a Comment