Sunday, May 2, 2010

Win Some, Lose Some

After achieving 7 medals in a row, my winning streak has finally come to an end


Only a God damn cert as a consolation


I'm a little bit disappointed right now. Couldn't manage to secure a position of top 100 during the World Firefighter's Day Run earlier this morning at Dataran Merdeka. But the results was initially expected. It's not easy at all to be the top 100 out of 2000 runners. Plus, there are many national & state athletes participated in this run so yeah...

On the positive side though, my performance was very good. After going through vigorous training on the treadmill for several weeks, my stamina has improved significantly. I tried using the carbohydrate loading strategy a few days before the competition in order to increase my glycogen storage. As a result, I was able to maintain a constant speed throughout the 10km journey as I rarely feel tired at all.

I have to remind myself that sometimes it's okay to experience failures. This minor setback shouldn't discouraged nor deter me from trying to get my 12th medal again in the near future. As long as I learn from past mistakes & pick myself up from there, this morning event would be a long forgotten episode.


"If at first you don't succeed, you are running about average" - M.H. Alderson


Singaypoh here I come, again ~


At last, my ACE & FIT exams are over. Which means I am currently super free for the whole month of May. With so much time on my hands, I can now fully concentrate on upcoming running competitions without any distractions whatsoever. At the end of May (26th-31st), I'll be going to Singapore again for the greatly anticipated Asia Conference. Judging from other friends reviews, I predicted it's gonna be an awesome experience.

This conference is actually held every two years whereby prominent church leaders from all around the world will come & preach together. Honestly, I'm not very keen on such events because if I want the blessings of God, I can always ask Him directly face to face. Why do I need to travel to another country & go through a few pastors just to get the anointing? If people think that the latter is the only solution, that clearly reflects how weak their faith really are.

However, the relatively low registration fees is too good for me to turn down. Within the price of just RM250, I'll be included with transportation, lodging & food as well. Besides, Careen has already promised to refund back my money if I'm not satisfied during the trip. By making such a bold claim, I guess she is serious that this conference is really gonna be life-changing.


Perhaps I have done myself a big favour, who knows?


"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment