Tuesday, April 20, 2010

ACE

If you ask where am I studying, then you are asking me a very tough question to answer!


That is because I am not currently studying in any college or university, but more like a non-profit organization. And I'm not pursuing some kind of degree or diploma but more of a professional cert instead. So complicated right?


I really like this, courtesy of Gladys Tan


Super busy wei in these next two weeks! Exams keep on coming after another. The biggest of them all will the American Council on Exercise (ACE) exam on May 1st. The word "American" itself already sounds scary because unlike our M'sian education system, the Americans don't just memorize stuffs into their heads & then muntah balik during exam hoping for the best.

Instead, they have to also use the knowledge they've learned into real life simulated situations which can be very tough for us M'sians considering the rigid type of system we went through. Now you know why they are so many lousy M'sian graduates in the job market. Studying is one thing, but putting what you've studied into application is a whole lot different matter.


C'mon Marc, just two more weeks & then freedom! Well not exactly...


That is why, you should always practise your communication & presentation skills. These are very important but often overlooked qualities by M'sian students!


Jeng jeng jeng!


This run is held a day after my ACE exam. Which means not only I gotta prepare for upcoming exams, but I too have to prepare for running competitions again very soon. Can one juggle sports & studies at the same time? Only time will tell...

I noticed that only the first 100 runners to reach the finish line would be eligible for a finishing medal. According to the forecast, an estimation of 2000 runners would be joining this competition. Mathematically, I have to beat the other 1900 runners if I ever want to win something from this run.

Honestly, I do not feel confident at all. I have been training hard, so are the others as well. At the end of the day, it's all about the mental strength & will power. Do I have the tenacity to last the distance? I do not know. But I do know that it is not easy for a person to declare boldly, "I wanna run 10km under the morning hot sun!"


"There's no substitute for guts" - Paul Bear Bryant

No comments:

Post a Comment