Saturday, April 10, 2010

Self Rediscovery

I'm a nice guy really. Except when I'm blogging!


I'm giving out free personal training as part of my assessment from FIT at the moment. I thought the church could be a good place to find interested individuals whom want to get into shape. Boy, was I so wrong!


Ever wondered why your boss is sick by just looking at you?


The main reason why people don't want to hire PT's is because their services are too expensive. Okay, fair enough. But what about free personal training? Wow! Sounds like a good deal, when can I get started? Anytime, anywhere motherfeather!

However (man I always like to complain), despite me able to find some potential clients to work with, they can't commit themselves at all whatsoever to come for training. Even 1 hour a week of exercise seem to be the most impossible task for them to do here on earth!


"Crikey God damn it!" - The late Steve Irwin


Some of you might justify yourselves, "But Marc, you have to understand that most of us have to meet deadlines at work, exams to study for, handing up assignments, yada yada..." Whatever lah! You can come up with 1001 excuses for not exercising but you can't give me one good reason on why you should exercise?


"Sorry Marc, I got bible study, cell group, & church practice for upcoming special events!"


I can also get very annoyed when Christians use church as an excuse for not moving their arses. It's like trying to say that it is God's fault that they are not working out when the truth is, they are just plain lazy! Besides me & Aaron the bodybuilder, I can't really think of anyone else in City Harvest who takes their health seriously.


You can pray to God & fast all you want till cows come home, but those love handles are gonna stay there unless you do something about them


Look, I know some of you told me you have complications. The doctor said your blood pressure is high, your cholesterol level is high, your blood sugar is high, everything is high & obviously, you don't need a rocket scientist telling what should you be doing. Don't wait until the problem gets worse & you have to end up paying expensive medical bills. Why cure when you can prevent instead?


First they say smoking is cool, & now this?


The bible says that we our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit therefore it our responsibility to take good care of them. If you can go pak tor, makan outing, yum char session, watch movie, shopping or go 'happy hour' with your 'biscuits', why not spend the time instead to give your body the exercise it deserves? No time huh? Pathetic & lame excuse!


C'mon! Stop being a couch potato & quit whining that your stomach looks fat because it is you lazy bum!


Courtesy of Derek Kaka'an (dude on my left)


Actually I don't really want to elaborate much on how was my ordeal at the football camp because I am so bloody exhauted. All I can say is, it was an amazing experience to learn a thing or two from an UEFA "A" license holder (Jon Hamilton on the far right) because that is the highest qualification any football coach can get.

Just to make things clear, this is not a camp where I've learned solely on how to be a better player. Instead, I was also being coached on how to be a future coach with lots of emphasis on Christian values. I may have to obtain my basic "D" license separately either from the FAM or AFC because the certification they gave me from this camp is not internationally recognized therefore if I wanna cari makan, only a few places I could go to with such a cert.

Pastor Kevin has big plans of setting up a sports ministry once the new church building is ready for operation probably in August. By then, I would be a very busy & happy man. For the first time, I could finally use both of my legs to serve God. It's a very timely move considering how physically inactive our church members are.


I'm like a kid in a candy store!


Do you believe people should deserve a second chance in life? Or if you ever screwed up once then that's it, you're condemned for the rest of your life? During the first day in camp, we were made to watch this;


Rock, when are you gonna go back to wrestling?


Basically it's about a bunch of hopeless juveniles whom were good for nothing except to cause trouble. A coach (Sean Porter) challenged them to fight for their dignity as well as proving to society of their worth by playing football, American football! Through sports, they've learned the importance of teamwork, respecting one another & discovered a sense of purpose in themselves.

These juveniles reminded me on how I was such an asshole during high school. Yes, Knowledgeable Mystery Shopping Warrior has a dark history that he's not proud of. But through the grace & mercy of Jesus, he now has a second chance to do what is right.


Lord I'm doing, all I can, to be better man ~


I admit, I did alot of things I shouldn't have done. I know I've hurt alot of people in the past, both mentally & physically. If you are like me back then, it's okay, its' okay *virtually pat you on the back*, because God loves you & He is willing to give you a second chance. And yes for some reason I'm feeling gay lately which explains why the sentimental shit & all.


During camp, they also made us watch this;





"I hated the world. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder" - Derek Redmond

No comments:

Post a Comment