Monday, February 22, 2010

No Chick, No Motivation. Is It A Lame Excuse?

Few had been complaining that I'm not taking care of my image as seriously as I should. Yeah I admit, I'm not as vain as I used to be during my high school years. During my younger days, I was so conscious of my looks to the extend that I need at least a minimum of 45 minutes to style up my hair. I even skipped church once on purpose just because my hair doesn't look good enough to my expectations!

Besides my hair, I would also wear all those lala zai kind of clothing on almost every occasion as well as 2 or 3 wristbands especially during a game of football. Not to mention, I invested alot of money too into facial products which explained why my face back then was so...soft & smooth? Metrosexualism to the extreme, I know haha!

Despite my self-obsession, the efforts invested on my appearances did paid off it's 'dividends' in terms of scoring the chicks. I was proud of myself because everytime when I passed by a classroom, 1 or 2 girls would be commenting on how cute I look (this is not syok sendiri okay, I actually got these real confessions from the chicks themselves lol) ;P

But! But! Butt! That was all in the past. Now ar? I couldn't care less on how I look these days. I'm just content to be wearing casual all the time. Probably because I don't really have a potential 'target' nor interested to be in a relationship lately. Not to say I'm gay lah, don't get me wrong! I would love to be attached, but most of the single chicks I've met in my life so far just doesn't have a special quality or characteristic that would give me butterflies in my stomach.

Perhaps I've been hurt too many times in the past which lead me to set my preference & taste to be unrealistically high. Whatever the reasons may be, the bottom line is at the moment I rather focus on achieving my personal goals & ambitions therefore I don't give a damn how shitty does my face look now.

But then again, I understand why others are nagging me to be more vain. Creating a good impression in your appearances is very important to influence people around you prior to earning their respect. I mean honestly, who the hell cares if I'm a sports & fitness professional in the making but I dressed up like a typical old man with singlet & shorts in a kopitiam shop? People wouldn't be interested in you & all the more they just want to forget you quickly!

So don't worry guys. I'll strife to get my back inspiration to make all of you happy alright? I'll buy some really expensive personal grooming products & hopefully bring out the old 'Marc' again. I'm not doing it for the chicks but for myself this time. I'm still trying to visualize what it feels like to be admired again though so don't push me for instant results capish?


"Hello sexy, what's your name?"



"I'm your 7th medal babe!"


I was down with a flu & cough during last Thursday, only 3 days before the competition. My nasal was congested with phlegm, making it difficult for me to breath especially when I'm running. I really thought of letting go of this event to let my body recuperate. Voices keep echoing in my head, saying "Why put your health at risk, when you can enjoy a nice rest at home instead? Just give up..."


"But no, I refuse to allow my ailments rob me of my moment of glory."


Out of 5000 participants, the first 300 runners to complete the race will receive a finishing medal. What are the odds for a struggling sick guy running while coughing & gasping for breath like me to be one of the first 300 runners? To me, there could be only one explanation for this miracle; Someone up there must have love me decided to lend me a helping Hand ~


The quest for the 8th medal is on. Where now shall I go & place my mark?










No comments:

Post a Comment