Thursday, February 25, 2010

Don't Kay Poh Chi Lah

STPM results are out shit! Almost everyone I know is gonna be in busybody mode now, asking here & there what others got for their results.


I just started a professional course which will certify me as a qualified Personal Fitness Trainer (PT) due in 1 May. The learning process so far has been very exciting, fun & informative. During the course, I also have to take a compulsory CPR workshop & guess who was one of the participants in it?


Vanessa Chong (right) from the Amazing Race Asia Season 2


At first I couldn't recognized her until I took the initiative to introduce myself to her. Honestly, I find her to be quite down to earth. Apparently she's also planning to get herself certified as a PT. When I told her of my current job as a Mystery Shopper, she was impressed of the nature of my work that I'm paid for just shopping! God I love my job ;P

I received my STPM result earlier this morning through SMS. As expected, I performed quite badly. All I can say is, my result is only good enough to apply for private institutions while public universities, definitely zero chance!

I know myself very well. When it comes to studies, I just cannot deliver the goods because academics are not one of my strengths. Some people are like that. They just cannot ngam ngam or gel together with things that are not compatible with their talents & gifts.

For example, we know that Ludwig van Beethoven was a great composer & pianist. Imagine if I as his father force him to play football instead rather than playing music. I can guarantee you no matter how hard he trains to be a good football player, he will only able to play decently like our M'sian national footballers!

This is because his main passion is music therefore it is pointless forcing him to do something else that he does not like as you can only expect lousy results by doing so. God has already blessed each of us a certain talent or gift, so don't be a bloody fool by trying to excel at something else instead that you may not enjoy doing. If you haven't discover your calling then it's very simple, just do the things that you are most passionate about!

However, I'm still not exactly sure what am I suppose to become. Whether as an athlete, coach or PT, I don't know. The only thing I know is that my future ambition has something to do with sports & fitness. So since sports & fitness is my calling, then no choice lor I cannot argue with God mah by trying to do something else like engineering, medical or business correct or not? Why do I want to give myself trouble by going against Him when I can embrace my destiny & live a fulfilled life?


When I saw a couple of D's & C's I told myself it's ok, it's ok *pat myself on the back*


On the contrary, I'm not saying that education is useless. Just because you are meant to be either a singer, artist, athlete, actor, dancer or musician doesn't mean you don't have to study anymore. Education is very important & useful especially when you cannot cari makan anymore with your passion during your twilight years because some professions have their 'shelf life'. In addition, education is still necessary though it may not be the only route to success.

Let's say you're really not good at studies like me but your parents still force you to further your education anyway then no worries, just take up a course that emphasizes more on practical work unless you are capable of memorizing facts & theories which I obviously sucked at this. If the chosen course is related to your profession, then lagi good for you!


Alright after getting bashed from my not so understanding parents, next would be my not so understanding but still I love them church leaders ~


*Updated 11:08pm*

I already showed mom the result, still haven't tell dad about it though *sigh*. You see this is the problem when parents expect too much from their kids. They are afraid to tell them of their failures as well as showing their weaknesses. Now wonder lah why so many youngsters are picking up smoking & going clubbing nowadays! Just ask any of them & they will you the same reason on why did they crossed over to the 'dark side';


"My parents put too much pressure on me in my studies"


When I become a daddy one day, my wish is very simple. I want my future kids to excel & be successful in the things they love they do. Why is it so hard for other parents to think rationally like me?


Anyway how should I tell dad without him getting upset? Right now he's doing some work with his personal laptop so will his concentration be ruined if I decide to spill the beans? Maybe I should wait for the official result slip to arrive first, what do you think? Hmm no matter how long I try to delay the outcome, sooner or later I still have to reveal my ugly result to him.


*Updated 12:20am*

Finally got the guts to tell dad. Thank God he took it easily unlike mom who had a hard time getting over it. He doesn't mind how bad was my result as long I can still apply to private institutions. The reason why mom took it seriously because she was hoping that I could manage to enter UPM just like my cousin Chris did. You see it's always about what she wants. Does it matter what I want?


Let's put this chapter behind me & get down to serious business;


  1. Prepare for the KL Cross Country (8.2km) on 28 Feb & other upcoming marathons
  2. Apply for a sports related course
  3. Get certified as a PT
  4. Finish my remaining assignments in mystery shopping
  5. Start taking up Mandarin classes & continue with my piano lessons
  6. Spend more time with my friends
  7. Get a girlfriend (I literally mean it)
  8. After all these are achieved, let the whole world know who is the Knowledgeable Warrior










No comments:

Post a Comment