Friday, May 22, 2009

You've Got To Be Freaking Kidding Me...

18th - 24th May 2009

When the new M'sian Prime Minister took control & announced his new Cabinet, I was hoping he would appoint someone with credibility & integrity in the Youth & Sports Ministry. For too long I have been frustrated with the lack of sports development in the country. During Badawi's reign, a clown named Azalina Othman was in charge of that ministry. You have no idea how much money she had wasted on worthless investments. Example like the HPTC project based in London (http://www.sun2surf.com/article.cfm?id=18352).
I really expected Najib to find someone with at least a doctorate degree related to sports science or sports management to become the Youth & Sports Minister. Unfortunately, again another clown took over with a name goes by Shabery Cheek. Before this I know this guy was famous for being 'thrashed' nicely by Anwar Ibrahim in a public debate forum between the Barisan Nasional & Pakatan Rakyat coalition on live television coverage. Badawi back then was too afraid to go up against the charismatic opposition leader & that's why he has to send a scapegoat who is Shabery to take the humiliation for him. Even though my English is good but the standard of mine is nothing compared to Anwar's standard. If I were to go & challenge him head to head in a debate, then I am only digging up my own grave. Anyway back to sports. This Shabery fellow has no knowledge of administration in sports whatsoever to tackle the growing problem of our country's deteriorating standard of sports especially soccer. Since this ministry is treated 'not very important' by Najib, therefore I have to wait for another three to four years before I see a new face taking over the Youth & Sports Ministry in the next General Election. On the other hand, I picked one of Shabery's statement from the news regarding today's social problem involving 'Mat Rempits'. I'll let you be the judge whether he is an idiot or just plain naive;

The "road thugs" (samseng jalanan) label given to Mat Rempit, youths with a penchant for street racing is a bit too much, said Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Ahmad Shabery Cheek.
He said only a handful of Mat Rempit were involved in crime while the majority were just ordinary youths looking for some fun.

"This explosion of culture happens in many countries like that shown in movies like Tokyo Drift and The Fast and The Furious," he said after presenting prizes to "Golf Amal 2009" participants at Sekolah Datuk Abdul Razak here yesterday.

Shabery said the scenario was similar to that during the 1980s when the community was against the craze for Scrambler motorcycles and Breakdance.

Despite disagreeing with the label, the minister said Mat Rempit groups were looking for trouble racing in the streets rather than at the tracks.
"Mat Rempit are not interested in real racing. They can always join racing clubs if they want to. The closure of Batu Tiga track and the distance of Sepang track is not an excuse. Building more race tracks is not the solution. They just want to show off to other road users."

Shabery urged the authorities to tackle the Mat Rempit problem at the source, particularly the role of parents as most of the motorcycles used were owned by family members. -- Bernama

"Don't worry kid if you don't like 'Rempit' then I can give you a 'Datuk' title"

Rev. Kong Hee, is the pioneer of City Harvest Church based in Singapore. On May 22nd to 24th, he came to the M'sian branch, which is my church to give a talk about marriage & relationships. Damn I just hate topics like this honestly. Maybe because of the fact that I am still single & tend to be always emotional whenever I see couples been happily together infront of me (including my own parents). I was suppose to serve on Sunday as an usher. It was so bloody stressful that day because of the huge attendance & my church is kinda small to accommodate such a large crowd. We have to squeeze everyone & exploit every little space as much as possible so that everyone can have a piece of Pastor Kong's magic. When there is REALLY no space left inside the church, I have to allocate chairs outside the building in the cafe area & set up a projector for the remaining attendants. I think I've sweated the most among other ushers because I have to carry LOTS of chairs for the our beloved members & guests of the church. However, this is the only thanks I get for making their lives just a little bit easier;

"THANK YOU FOR SETTING UP THE CHAIRS Zzz"

Dream dream dreammm, dream ~

No good works shall go unpunished

Sometimes I wonder, what am I doing this for?

The unsung heroes, Dennis & Jasper under a tent

Kyren worked in the cafe ministry from 8am - 2pm. Aww the poor thing...

Seriously I feel like I'm being treated like a dog. I volunteered my ass off just to make every service flowing smoothly without being paid. Can I at least get a sincere thank you for my efforts? The same thing goes for every person dedicated himself/herself for their respective ministry. Please people show your gratitude to us when we serve you! As a consolation after all the dirty work I've done, I decided to rewarded myself with;

Free leftovers!!!

Oh God the mashed potatoes, chicken popcorn with fries were amazing

This guy is just awesome. One of the reason is...

He's married to Sun Ho













































No comments:

Post a Comment