Thursday, May 7, 2009

I Can't Sleep Well Because Of The Heat!!!

4th - 10th May 2009

An Aussie with a touch of Italian features

Church was really awesome this week. We had a guest for the week who is Pat Mesiti, a motivational speaker. I don't know really know much about this guy but I assume he must be really an important person since he came all the way from Australia & is willing to give a talk in four days in a row from Thursday to Sunday. My assumption was correct. Pat Mesiti was really out of this world. I've attended only the Friday & Sunday service although I'm supposed to accompany my cousin on Thursday (sorry Justin). Pat Mesiti's seminars were about relationships & finances although I like the part more about relationships.

He told the differences between men & women & explained how each gender should learn to tolerate with other. Some words he used may be controversial especially among women but you can't deny what he said is true though. In the finances part, he explained that Christians should change their mindset about making money by frequently coming up with new ideas to bring up business organizations & not always depending on God for provision. In short the seminars in four days was a real eye opener & I hope he would come back again to our church in the very near future.

Meanwhile it is Sunday & everyone should take this opportunity to show their love to all the moms out there because it's Mother's Day. I bought a red necklace for my mom as I know that she loves almost anything in red. According to Chinese beliefs the colour red is known to bring prosperity. In addition I want all the mothers out there, thank you for bringing us into this world & Happy Mothers Day =)

I bought a gift for my friend's b'day Muniratul Dalila. She turned 18th years old on Monday the 4th. I gave her a mug that has inspirational quotations written all over it which I feel the design looks cool. Eventually she ask me to fill up her scrapbook. Wow, I'm surprised really because I thought collecting your friends biodata in a book were only popular during primary school. Back then in those days girls in Year 6 would normally invest in a notebook. They would decorate it with cute patterns & designs as well as asking most of their schoolmates to fill up their particulars & testimonials for memories before they move on to secondary school.

It's good to see the culture still exist today even in Pre-U level because this kind of practises can actually strengthen bonds among friends. When I glanced through the book I realized most of her friends would tend to add some decorations of their own to make the pages look more unique. I'm not a very creative person when it comes to beautification so I'll just write something briefly about myself & say nice things about her instead.

Updating a scrapbook for the first time since UPSR

Some wrote poems...

While some are artistic...

But mine was really plain simple & dull =S

This page almost moved me to tears

Do you want to know what did I wrote inside her scrapbook? I actually shared a dialogue scene picked from the movie "Rocky Balboa". If you are reading this Dalila, I hope this would inspire you to overcome challenges that life can throw at you ;)














No comments:

Post a Comment