Friday, May 1, 2009

The Scums Of The Earth, They Walk Among Us

27th April - 3rd May 2009

This is not the first time I've been moaning how dangerous Subang Jaya is especially around the SS13, SS14 & SS18 area. Before I go out on the streets at night with my trusty bicycle & baton, I always have to pray to God first that I will make it safely in one piece to my destination. And yeah thank the Lord so far I haven't come across sticky situations. Usually I have to cycle every Thursday from my house in SS14 to Chung Ee's house in SS19 for cell group at 8pm. I am very excited during Thursdays because I love to spend time fellowshipping with my church friends and worshiping God as well as learning from His Word. At the same time on Thursdays I am also very fearful because of the journey I have to go through. You see the SS18 area is a popular 'hunting ground' for Indian Mat Rempits to rob or terrorize potential victims. So every Thursday I have to pass by the 'danger zone', which is SS18 on my bicycle. I won't deny though that I have been a victim before. But why would I say Indians? This has nothing to do with racial sentiments or whatsoever. This is a fact & I do not need proof to justify my claims because one can just stand at the middle of the road after midnight & see for yourself. There are Malay Mat Rempits too although the numbers are less but I'm glad that their intentions is to race others & showing off to their peers only rather than to cause chaos to the local community like their Indian counterparts. However, again I want to thank the Lord that in these incidents I've encountered with Indian Mat Rempits, I managed to escape safely with my life & my belongings.

On Saturday my business studies lecturer, Mr. Suresh describes his experiences at his new teaching position in a high school somewhere in Pusat Bandar Puchong. In his opinion, he feels that the overall discipline among school students is at a terrible state & it gets worse every year. This is due to mixing the bad students & the good students together in one school. He thinks that those bad students who refuses to study should be placed in technical & vocational schools so that they can excel practically rather than academically because these bad students can influence the good students to be just as rotten as them. In contrast of the Malay proverb, "kerana nila setitik maka rosaklah susu sebelanga" which means "because of one droplet of indigo (blue dye), the whole pot of milk is tainted" can be used to picture what is happening in government schools regarding students conduct & behaviour nowadays. I will go deeper on this issue in days to come though.

I couldn't agree more with Mr. Suresh statement. I feel that his suggestion should be applied in rearranging the society layer too especially in Subang Jaya. In other words the lower income groups should be relocated somewhere else far away from the middle & higher income groups from the Klang Valley area. The SS13 area is heavily dense with the lower income residents as well as small factories, warehouses & workshops. A place like this will only invite undesirable activities & what's worse is that the SS14 area I'm living in is just next to the SS13 area which is why crime is always on the rise in my area especially during nightime. It's not that I'm prejudice towards poor people. In fact I do respect people like Amber Chia who came from a poor family & achieved success today through modeling. But I despised towards the majority of poor people whom rely on committing crimes to make a living especially Indians (sorry machas). To date I have been traumatized by hooligans on five occasions since 2007 & all of these involved Indians. I have to admit these lowly educated bastards are really getting on my nerves. Occasionally even our assemblywoman Hannah Yeoh was 'disturbed' after what she claimed that she was almost thought to be killed when an Indian man was walking towards her with a knife in his hand (political reasons maybe).

I know I may sound irrational & insensitive. But if lets say my suggestion is implemented regardless by force or voluntarily, imagine how peaceful Subang Jaya is when we relocate the lower income groups somewhere else especially those from the SS13 area. By taking out the bad apples from the good ones then what will you get? A nice selection view of apples. Yes many might argue, isn't there another way besides this? Yes there is. We can start from the root of the problem by providing counseling to students coming from broken families. Organize community programs that these troubled youths can participate in. Give greater emphasis on moral & human values on school students from both religious teachers & parents. Provide sex education subject as early as primary school level, etc. HOWEVER, while relevant authorities will just talk until the cows come home & no action is taken, then I would strongly recommend that we quarantined these group of people outside the urban & suburban area before they do any further damage to society. How is it possible? First we track on every family living in the city with a household income of RM3000 & below with the police to check their records. Those whom have a bad record of crimes such as theft, extortion & robbery should then be relocated in a new area while those with a clean record, well good for you & keep up in preserving your integrity. This solution may look unfair to certain parties & bias but on the contrary I can guarantee you that the rate of crime will reduce significantly.
Actually I'm a very egoistic kind of guy. I could just solve the problem by asking a friend to pick me up during Thursdays but I prefer to stick with cycling as I do not like to depend on others. I know one day my ego will be my own undoing but in the meantime, I hope I do not have to draw my baton in the near future.

Shirley Boon used to be my cell group leader before Felicia Choong. In addition she is also the first person to greet & have a conservation with me when I step into City Harvest Church for the first time. I'm a little disappointed with myself because I did not attend Shirley's matrimonial ceremony on Friday at church. The dress code in such events should be formal. However, I do not own a pair of fitting slacks as my waist gained a lot of weight after a heavy meal at Asia Cafe on Thursday with my friends after cell group which is a day before the wedding. Neither do I have black leather shoes for the occasion. How can I show up in someone's wedding by wearing a long sleeve shirt but with jeans & sneakers? It's just not appropriate. Therefore I've decided not to show my face lest I should embarrass myself with my own clothing. I wish Shirley though all the best in her marriage life as well as her new husband, David Oh. To have a great woman like Shirley as a wife must be a great achievement indeed. David you lucky bugger x)

Photo taken in courtesy of Samantha Esther







No comments:

Post a Comment