Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sheer Stupidity

Finally, running season has return!


Medals for first 1000 runners only? That is like taking a stroll in the park muahaha!


When my dad took this picture, he must be very proud indeed


Wahseh ~


The next day, I went for another run again. Probably the first time I put my physical limits to the test by running two events simultaneously!


Surprisingly my dad was supportive this time haha!


First time teasing the camera :D


Legs suffered cramps all over, but the pain was worth it!


Nonetheless, there's still a long journey way ahead to achieve my annual goal of winning 25 medals. But I couldn't be happier though that my gamble of taking part in two runs in a row has paid off it's dividends. The most important thing is that I'm doing something I love & passionate about. If I can discover my passion for running by 'accident', imagine what other things that might capture my enthusiasm in the future? It looks like I'll be running for many years to come!

Anyway life has been pretty good so far. Assignments are completed and I was just getting prepared for my semester exams before I can take a short break in April. As happy-go-lucky as I am, I tend to be ignorant of what is happening around us recently particularly the earthquake & tsunami disaster that killed thousands of people in Japan. However, the more I buat tak tahu, the more I feel guilty of myself for indulging in my own comfort zone. Moreover, Japan is one of the countries I admired. I can't help but grief to see calamities befell on her.


What really disturbed me is not the tragedy though but how fellow Malaysians reacted to this issue;


The aftermath...


If you are ignorant as someone like me, that's fine. At least you are minding your own business without stepping on other people's toes. But to add salt into a person's wound after seeing them fall, that is just is way too much! This is just what the local Malay daily Berita Harian published in their newspaper;


WTF!?


I say, have sympathy on the victims man! Everytime Berita Harian also like that one! When they are in the news, confirm must be for the wrong reasons one, confirm! Let me guess, this is one of their special rights, right? You tak suka, you boleh keluar dari Malaysia! I mean c'mon! A normal sane person with common sense would have at least shown empathy. What's the point of giving out a statement of apology when the damage has already been done? Don't you know there are quite a number of Japanese folks residing permanently in our country? How do you think they would feel if they see this sick cartoon?


Sebelum buat sesuatu, fikirlah dulu. Ada sebabnya Allah bagi otak kepada kita sebagai manusia amboi!


And now this, again!?


Bloody hell! I thought this issue has been resolved on March 15th when the government agreed to release all Malay printed bibles unconditionally for distribution. Apparently they decided to make a U-turn during the next day by imposing two conditions before the bible copies can be released;


  1. The importers who are to distribute them must directly stamp on the cover of each copies with the following words: “Peringatan: ‘Al Kitab Berita Baik’ ini untuk kegunaan penganut agama Kristian sahaja. Dengan perintah Menteri Dalam Negeri.” (In English, “Reminder: This ‘Al Kitab Berita Baik’ is for the use of Christians only. By order of the Home Minister.”)
  2. Ooh boy, this gets even more ridiculous. The second condition requires the importers to stamp a serial number on each copy, as if to demarcate copies from the released shipment and to enable the book to be traced back to the port of import.


Najib, please back your words with action!


I cannot stop scratching my head now. Since when the Holy Bible is only meant for Christians to read and not other people of different faiths? I can forget about the cartoon of Ultraman running away but has common sense really gone out the window that the BN government no longer has the capacity to make sense that are common? Where is the logic of treating the Bible as if it's like a controlled item by stamping a serial number on every copy? For God's sake, this is a holy book, not a communist's book! Guess what happened when the importer refused to kow tow to the demands of the Home Ministry? Check out the story here!


Impudence! Pure insolence! Sei zai ar! If I have my rotan now, I will! I will...*heart attack*


"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King, Jr.









No comments:

Post a Comment