Tuesday, March 16, 2010

No Man No!

"Say yes, but only because you want to" - Carl Allen


Want to know how outdated am I about movies? I only watched this flick for the first time on Astro last Saturday!


And the answer is yes, I'm a guy who goes out for a movie only once in a blue moon. But that's okay, better to watch a good movie late than never. What does Knowledgeable Mystery Shopping Outdated Warrior (still doesn't sound right) like about 'Yes Man'? It's the moral of the story whereby once in awhile, it's okay to say no if you really don't want to. But sometimes in reality, the answer no is never acceptable to some.


My 9th bitch. God damn she's big!


After finishing a 10km marathon, do you think I have any strength left to stand up? Probably not. There is nothing more relaxing than to rest my worn out legs on a couch while eating some nachos infront of the TV at home especially on a lazy Sunday. But just when I thought I could really sit down & chill, I realized I've forgotten that it is a Sunday, which means there's church.

You see at the moment I am considered what would people call as a full-time athlete. As a full-time athlete, I'll be training 5 days a week while competition day will be on almost every Sunday morning. Yes ALMOST every week I would go for a 'war'. After competition, I gotta to rush back home to take a shower, dress up, have a quick meal & get ready for church.


"Say yes, but only because you have to" - Marc


Sad to say, but I really hate the church part. Because my leaders will get upset of me for coming late as well as sitting down at the cafeteria during praise & worship where normally I have to stand on my feet for more than half an hour when my exhausted legs couldn't even last for 5 minutes. This has been going on for months now. I myself don't have a bloody clue why I bothered cycling 2km from my house to church just to get lecturing.

Even when I try explaining my situation, in the end the answer yes is only expected from me whether I like or not. Not that I'm complaining though, but I want to people to understand that it's never easy to juggle sports & church at the same time. They always seem to collide!

How I wish athletes can also have the same privilege as aspiring entertainers & models to be 'excused' occasionally. I better buy some chewing gum for my ears because this Sunday I have another competition & the same routine is likely to repeat itself, again!



But still, I'm enduring all these crap for the sake of winning medals. So it's ok Marc, it's ok *pat myself on the back*





No comments:

Post a Comment