Monday, April 20, 2009

My Reason To Live

6th - 12th April 2009


The month of April is my 4th anniversary as a Christian. I wish it could be my 19th anniversary as a Christian instead because I regretted not knowing Jesus earlier in my life. However, being a Christian later on in life is a lot better then being lost forever. I thank the Lord for taking me into His Arms. Despite coming from a family with a mixture of Taoism & Buddhism background, He broke the family tradition & prepared a new path for me to join a whole new family of Christ. Despite me being critical of Christianity in the past, He forgives me & loves me unconditionally. Despite my disadvantages, He gave me the confidence to overcome my obstacles & be a testimony to others. He is the same yesterday, today & tomorrow. I thank you Jesus for being my Saviour & Lord.

City Harvest Church had an Easter production recently. Although I was serving as an usher, I did not get to watch the entire drama because I was busy serving others. This is a brief summary of the drama based on my own understanding;
  • An inventor aspires of creating a device that one can revisit his own past. His fiancee though, doubted him & belittled his abilities. The couple got into a fight & separated temporarily.
  • Eventually the inventor succeeded & sold his invention to a company to market his product. From there he started to build up his fame & fortunes.
  • Realizing her mistake, the inventor's fiancee came to apologize but was rejected. The couple went into an argument. Frustrated, the inventor decided to use his own device hoping to revisit the sweet memories he had with his fiancee in the past. Surprisingly, his device brought him back estimated 2000 years ago in Jerusalem instead, the days of Jesus Christ.
  • The inventor was amazed of the miracles performed by Jesus during the earlier days of His ministry. However, in an incident the inventor dropped his device into a river. With his device now lost, the inventor is stuck in this time dimension & has to figure out a way back to his present time. He was invisible to everyone around him as they did not seem to notice his presence.
  • Meanwhile, the inventor's company has modified his invention & as a result they were able to revisit each of everyone's past. They were complaints lodged because of this.
  • On the other hand, the inventor came to realize that Jesus was later persecuted. Knowing He was innocent, the inventor attempted to tamper surrounding objects hoping to help Him escape while being cautious of changes that can potentially alter history forever.
  • Despite his efforts though, he failed & Jesus was to be crucified.
  • In the 3rd day after His crucifixion, Jesus rose from the dead & appeared in front of his disciples & followers. Before he ascended back to Heaven, He called out the inventor who was watching Him from a distance.
  • The inventor was shocked that Jesus actually acknowledges his presence. Jesus knew what the inventor was going through in his personal life. He told him to forgive his fiancee of her shortcomings, just as how Jesus forgives others of their sins.
  • Miraculously, the inventor was sent back into his present time. The company he was working for was found guilty of privacy invasion & was black-listed.
  • The inventor went on to become a self-entrepreneur & marketed his newly series of invention himself. He bounced back into success & reconciled with his fiancee. In the end the two got back together & live a happy life together.
Overall it was a good story. Presented in a relevant & humorous way. Coincidentally my brother was visiting the church too during that time. I don't know whether he was touched by the drama or not but I definitely hope that it is a sign from God =)



No comments:

Post a Comment