Friday, April 3, 2009

Final Score: 2 - 6

30th March - 5th April 2009

Preparation for Holy Communion. Jesus' blood in Ribena flavour

Notice the black thingy (drive chain) below. If your bicycle chain ever comes off, just push this up to allow easier reattachment of your bicycle chain

My piano lessons was postponed to Thursday. I was quite frustrated with myself as I was practising profusely on several piano pieces but still I couldn't master the pieces before lesson starts. Obviously Ms. Lian was not happy about it. My progress is somewhat unpredictable because there are times where I can learn at a fast rate while there are also times where I can take such a long time mastering certain aspects of music which is very inconsistent. The only part I don't have much problem with is music theory. To me it is very easy to excel as music theory is similar to simple arithmetics. Therefore I have come to an unanimous decision that after going through the LCM practical & theory exam at Grade 1, I will just advance & upgrade my theory grades while ignoring the practical grades. Finished off today's lesson & cycled back to my home.

Along the journey back home, my bicycle chain came off the chain ring (crankset) from the front derailleur as I was trying to change front gear. As a result I couldn't pedal the bike & have walk it all the way back to my house in SS14 from SS19. The lavish SS19 neighbourhood is located on the hills & heights which can be very tiring if you're walking towards uphills. It was a long journey walking plus I have to come back to SS19 later in the night for cell group in my friend's house. As a guy, I'm very egoistic & I don't like to be dependant on others to fetch me around that's why I always insist on cycling on my own whether it's day or night time. Initially I messaged Alfred to inform Felicia that I might not able to come for cell group later because of my bike. After a long time walking I'm still stuck in SS19 & the weather looked like it's gonna rain that time. I needed to do something about it & I've decided to fix my bike on the roadside regardless of me lacking the knowledge of bicycle maintenance. I clearly don't know what I was doing at all. I was just playing around with the rear derailleurs & eventually I managed to reattached the bicyle chain back to the chain ring & presto, I was ready to cycle again! Despite fixing back my bike, I still have another problem which hindered me from coming to cell group. I'll be having my business studies exam on the next day therefore I needed to spend the whole night studying as there are just too much things to study about business. I cycled back home & was in a dilemma whether to attend cell group or study later. I really wanted to go for cell group because Thursday is the only day where I can spend quality time with my friends as well expanding my networks by meeting new faces but at the same time I do not want my grades to suffer because of this. Lo & behold, God gave me a miracle. Kelly Wong messaged me stating that the exam is postponed until further notice. Now I can attend cell group & worship the Lord without any distraction from exams whatsoever hallelujah! Friends if there are times when you're stuck in a crossroad just like me, always put God first as your main priority. I guarantee He would bless you abundantly of your obedience because you have chosen Him to be above all else in your life. Amen!

Vincent: Your chain bike came off from the front??? Then just switch the rear gear to the highest & pedal so that it can go back to its position.

Careen: But Marc said the chain came off completely from the front. How to change gear like that???

Marc: Maybe if I do what Vincent said the chain will go back automatic by itself x)

This week I expect to see new students joining my class. These new students are mostly from previous batches who wish to repeat their STPM examination or either Form 6 newbies who feel that they can cope with the pressure & enormous scope of syllabus in under a year. So far there are 5 students joining us this week. 3 of them consists of males while the other 2 are females. The two girls however, caught my attention. It's been quite a long time since a pretty girl join my class ^^. Before this a girl from a wealthy family in Cheras used to join my class but only for a short period of time. Eventually she went on to study professional qualification in accounting at a nearby college around Petaling Street, claiming it was her dream to pursue accounting while Form 6 is actually her parents wish for her. While I respect her decision, I don't think that is the only factor that made her quit Form 6. On the contrary I feel that it is the class itself that is one of the reasons that caused her to leave. My class has a group of Indian chaps that just loves to make noise all the time (ALL THE TIME). Whether before class starts, when the lecturer is teaching or even during trial exams! It's like almost 4 hours non-stop of noise pollution from 8.30am to 1pm. The worst part I hate the most is during trial exams. I would be brainstorming trying to solve questions & equations while these buggers are talking crap to one another with their tones in full blast! You might ask how come the lecturer is not monitoring the class during exams. They are actually, in fact they closed one eye in these incidents because chasing away these hooligans meaning less income for the institution. Now that is what I call good business, but without principles. Anyway back to the new students. On Thursday before class commences, I saw the two girls seating in front where normally the Indian students would sit. While waiting for class to start one of my Indian friend approached & spoke to them;


Indian chick: Excuse me, kamu berdua tak boleh duduk di sini.

Chinese chicks: Eh, mengapa ar???


Indian chick: Sebab tempat duduk ini sudah reserved untuk kawan saya. Kami biasanya duduk sini setiap hari.

Chinese chicks: Ooh ia memang selalu macam itu ke???


Indian chick: Ya betul.
(Shakes her head)
Chinese chicks: Come lah lets sit somewhere else. (In Mandarin)

(I think I'll let you readers be the judge here on who is in the wrong in this situation)

The girls sat far behind me & they were bitching about my Indian friend in Chinese claiming how rude she was to them just now. That's when I feel I needed to do something about it. Later...

Me: Hi excuse me, both of you didn't attend for economics lesson yesterday right??? Here are the notes...

Chinese chicks: Ooh it's ok we have it already but thanks anyway.


Me: Ooh I see. Anyway I apologize on behalf of my friend about just now.

Chinese chicks: Ar yalor! If next time we want to sit in front then how???


Me: Actually the concept is very simple, first come first serve.
No such thing as reserved seats.
Chinese chicks: Yalah but she halau us wor...

Me: Yeah it's a shame. All I can say is, typical M'sians.


Neither of us students owns the school, so apa HAK kita untuk book tempat sesuka hati? The same thing goes for normal members who came for weekend sermons in church. If you feel that booking a seat for your peer(s) is your RIGHT within the church, then how about those who came earlier & needed a seat for themselves? "Ooh too bad lah I book for my friend already so you can just sit on the floor!" As an usher serving in church, this is the scenario I always encountered regarding seat bookings. Imagine if those people sitting on the floor who are non-believers visiting the church, is this the kind of image we want to portray ourselves as Christians? Moreover is this the kind of image we Form 6 as well as students of Kasturi Tuition Centre want to portray ourselves as to the new students? The reason I've being friendly to these new students because I want them to know that they are welcomed here & I don't want them to have the impression that we PTK students are uncivilized fagots. I'm not saying that it is wrong to reserve a seat for your friends or family but to do so you have to ASK for permission & you have to APOLOGIZE to other people who you have caused INCONVENIENCES to, not the other way around. The people have always urged the government to embrace changes, but yet I see they themselves are not willing to change their own attitude. *Sigh* typical M'sians.

On Friday the two same girls sat right behind me... thank the Lord~
My Malay friends used to sit behind me but now they have to relocate their seats somewhere else. Not that we have a problem about it. It's just that these girls are... pretty. Pretty in a sense that their face look pleasant & innocent. So I can't concentrate what my business studies lecturer, Mr. Suresh is trying to say because I'm distracted by the girls... appearances. However, most of the time I was awake during class pretending to be attentive to Mr. Suresh. Normally I always tend to sleep in class but the girls presence made me determined to show a good example of a good student by staying awake & focused. I'm a guy, so you can't blame God for designing me to be like this. The moral of this weird story is, don't underestimate the power of beauty x)

On the 2oth of March I honoured my English lecturer Mr. Shiva with a gift for all his 'guidance' & 'knowledge' he imparted into me which resulted of me achieveing a Band 4 for MUET. Although he still conduct classes for weak students, I do not have to attend for the classes though. On Friday the second period was MUET. So before I left after the first period was over,
I received a feedback from my friend Linda on what Mr. Shiva thinks of my gift when I'm not around for his classes;

Linda: Hey Marc tahu tak apa Encik Shiva kata pasal hadiah you bagi dia hari tu???
Marc: Tak tahulah, apa dia cakap ar???

Linda: Encik Shiva ingat you nak bagi hadiah untuk girlfriend tapi kena reject jadi you bagi kat dia pulak haha.

In my mind I was like "What the bloody feather!"
I decided to go ask Kelly Wong's version instead,

Marc: What Mr. Shiva said about my gift ar last week???
Kelly: Ar yalah he said he thought you wanted to give to some girl you like but since got rejected so you decided to give him instead.

Again in my mind I was like "What the bloody feather kuasa dua!"
Mr. Shiva is generally a lousy lecturer. He can't inspire his students to master the English language. He can't even help the weak students to overcome their difficulties to prepare for the next sitting of the MUET exam. His occasional jokes both contain elements of sexism & sarcasm.
He also smokes which creates a bad example of self conduct & ethics because those in the teaching profession should set a good image to their students.
There is not much knowledge a student can benefit under his tutelage. It's no surprise his class is always half empty every week on Friday as most of the students have no confidence in him & they are taking extra MUET class from another lecturer. I gave him a gift as a symbol of recognition & consolation with the impression "Look, you're not totally useless. At least I got a Band 4 from the highest 6 which is not so bad". However, Mr. Shiva thought I wasn't really sincere in honouring him thinking that I was opting to give it to a girl instead which I was eventually rejected by her whoever she is. Alright, lets get things straight here;

1. The gift was only worth around RM10. If I were to like a girl I would definitely give her only the best present that money can buy.

2. I know I'm a guy, but that does not mean I will only be generous to the opposite gender.


In addition, no comments!

Played football later in the evening. I was a little bit slower, easily disposed of when having the ball & made very little impact in the game. Despite me scoring a beautiful header & assisting a goal it wasn't good enough to win the game as my team succumbed to a 2 - 6 loss. This was due to my teammates not being serious enough, tend to chit chat a lot during the game & deeply lack of concentration in defense. Of course it was partially my fault too for not encouraging & instructing them on what to do most of the time. I was just too silent when something goes wrong & I've not been taking my fitness training seriously which resulted in me being bossed around physically by the younger generation of players. Why am I highlighting this? Simply because I just hate losing especially by a big margin. C'mon Marc train harder & control your diet!

Every year there is only an occasion where I will smoke involuntarily against my will. That day is none other than the Qingming Festival or also known as Tomb Sweeping Day.
For the Chinese, it is a day to remember and honour one's ancestors at grave sites. Young and old pray before their ancestors, sweep the tombs and offer food, tea, wine, chopsticks, joss paper accessories, and/or libation to the ancestors. As far as I'm concerned though, Qingming is probably the worst tradition anyone could ever celebrate. Why? I just can't tolerate smoke because I'm a person who takes my health seriously. Actually there was once a saying goes like this that once you're dead you can never bring your possesions here on earth along with you to the afterlife. I couldn't agree more. During Qingming me & my family went to this Hokkien cemetery somewhere in Jalan Bellamy nearby the Alice Smith Primary School. I think all of the Chinese people there are seriously retarded except for me. Scientists & environmentalists worldwide are madly brainstorming for solutions on how to curb pollution & global warming but yet these ignorant fools just have to contribute the problem by burning unecessarily huge amount of joss sticks, fake money & 'servant' dolls for their ancestors to 'enjoy'. You gotta understand that once you end up in hell then that's it you're entitled to immense pain & suffering FOREVER & there is no such thing as a 'recess' period from your ETERNAL torturing to see your living relatives. Imagine how many trees are cut down & the amount carbon monoxide generated in the ozone atmosphere just to satisfy these bastards. That is only M'sia. Don't make me start with other Chinese countries like China, Hong Kong & Taiwan. What's even bewildering is lavish food & beverages will be served to these 'hungry' souls. I even saw a family serve KFC & McD to their ancestors! How stupid can you really get? Even if you leave it there for a thousand years, you will still not see even a chunk of it being consumed by a spirit except by insects, animals or micro-organisms. A spirit is a spirit. A spirit cannot do certain things what humans can do by nature. You can't call a spade as a circle or a triangle as a square. If you can waste food just like that imagine how many people living in poverty right now that you can actually feed & bless them with the food you gave to your ancestors instead. Now don't you think my suggestion is a whole lot better & noble since you'll be doing a good deed before Judgment Day comes? I'm so pissed off with Chinese traditions like this! All I want is to inherit the planet in a good condition so that my children as well as the next generation can have a future because according to experts, the earth has only up to ten years more to live regarding how the pollution is increasing at a rapid rate. However you old generations expects us the younger generation to clean up the mess for you once you're gone because of your sick traditions. I don't know which is worse, racism or this?

When will M'sians ever have the capacity to think rationally? Hey wait that chicken rice on the altar looks tempting

I don't want to be remembered as a dead man who lives inside a pot

Taoism is not environmental friendly, period












No comments:

Post a Comment