Saturday, August 6, 2011

Rest

After going through five runs consecutively in July, my legs are now begging, "Please, no more!"


Believe it or not...


This is the catalyst of greater things to come!


The Olympic Day Run, this is where it all started; the excitement, the enthusiasm, the adrenaline, the glory & of course, medals! It was the first long distance running event I've ever participated in my life back in July 2009. During that time, my intentions of joining such runs were purely just for fun. Who knew that a such a simple decision would eventually turned into a passion!


Ever since then, I never look back. My love for marathons or long distance running just grew deeper & deeper, run after run! Today at the age of 21, I am finally living for the first time. Thank God I still have my youth, because the best is definitely yet to come!


My old workplace, brings back alot of fond memories!


Medallicious ~


With my ex-colleague, Helnie. She has such a bubbly personality ;)


More more more!


I say man...


This is super hard wei!


I am not exaggerating, but this is by far the toughest run I've ever competed in. I push, push, push & yet, I just couldn't overtake anyone! It's like every participant in this event was a seasoned runner. Even in my fittest condition, I only managed to win nothing but a piece of cert in the end. Thanks to events publicity through Facebook, marathons are getting so popular nowadays, thus making competition much stiffer than it was before. Look like I'm gonna have to start investing in gadgets & sports beverages soon to give me that winning edge!


Unsatisfied, I went for another run the next morning with a distance of 10km despite my legs feeling very heavy after completing 12.3km!


My dad seriously thought I was crazy. He's right though!


I'm crazy for these metal made buggers!


Like I've said, I never look back since...


Signs of fatigue has started to kick in for my legs. Fortunately it is now the month of August, that means there won't be any running events being held until September. Finally, a well deserved break from this hectic but enjoyable sport. This will give me the opportunity to focus on other projects. Yes, I am planning something BIG, something that has never or at least, seldom being done here before in Malaysia. It's gonna massive, it's gonna be electrifying & Good Lord Almighty, it's certainly gonna be hell raising!


No further details can be given for now. But do often check out my blog for more developments on my...'secret' project. Finally, get ready...


"Rest: the sweet sauce of labor."
- Plutarch

No comments:

Post a Comment