Thursday, December 31, 2009

I Am Hungry

There is a futsal competition organized by Rakan Muda due to be held at Dataran Merdeka on 2nd Jan, 2010 at 8am. I contacted alot of old teammates to form up a participating team. Sadly, only one person responded positively while the others gave excuses that they couldn't make it either because they are busy or they are just not up to it.

That only person who had replied me back showed a great deal of enthusiasm. He was eager to participate despite not knowing where is Dataran Merdeka in the first place & whether we have a good chance of winning or not. That is what I want to see in a teammate, passion & courage.

I guess that what I'm trying to say is, you gotta show that 'hunger' if you really wanna achieve success in life. You gotta show passion even in the little things that you have been doing for years. If I have to cycle to my local gym in Sunway Lagoon Resort Club for training all the way from my house in SS14 then so be it!

I maybe 20 years old now, but my passion for sports will never fade. Even if all of my usual kaki bola friends have 'retired' in order to focus their time & energy on other things, I will still be playing at the futsal court infront of my house. Surprisingly there were people asking whether will I ever get bored of doing the same thing over & over again. The answer is no. Simply because this is what I love to do, which is football. Even at the age of 50, I can still see myself playing at the same old court together with a new generation players. In my opinion, any Tom, Dick & Harry can start on something new but to develop consistency, one needs passion.

I know that at my age, I'm suppose to own a car by now. But instead, I'm travelling around Subang Jaya relying heavily on my bicycle. It's not that I don't want a car, it's just that I can't afford one okay? However, I don't mind if I have to cycle every Thursday night for cell group (CG) to meet up with my church friends.

No doubt it's dangerous for me to be cycling at night. But as long as I can experience a little of God's presence at CG, I am willing to take up the risk of being mugged or even being attacked along the way. Some might think that this is crazy shit, but I would prefer to call it as passion.

I'm writing on the first day of 2010. I can imagine only endless possibiblities of greater things to be achieved this year. For too long I have supressed this 'hunger' of mine of which have lead me to avoid taking bold risks in life & 'safer' pathways instead. I say no more! It's time to feed that 'hunger'.

Jon Bon Jovi once wroted a song entitled "It's My Life". It's now or never. I'm not gonna hold back & listen to other's opinions on what is 'acceptable'. I'm not talking about the rules of society. I'm talking about reaching your dreams despite how unusual or unconventional it may be.

You can't expect to distinquish yourself from the rest if you are unwilling to do something different. You can't expect to be unique if you refuse to put yourself in an uncomfortable position above everyone else.

So the next time when I call you guys up for an upcoming football or futsal competition, please show me a little bit more passion as well as commitment that you really want this badly. Learn from the MINT cluster. Our VU cluster is just as strong as them but what made them special was their hunger for success. Therefore, 'starved' yourself with goals & ambitions. Be 'hungry' to win!


Option B - Fitness Instructor


Option A - Professional Football Player


Option B sounds nice, but let me try to achieve option A first ~

No comments:

Post a Comment