Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Challenges Of Digital Faith

Each of us has, at one time or another, said or done something regretful. I know I had. If given the chance to turn back time, I wouldn't have posted "Busy As A Bee On Weekends, Lazy As A Pig On Weekdays" in the first place. I know that the damage has been done & deleting that post will not change anything, but at least allow me the liberty to write this apology statement;

"What I wrote was demeaning, if not clearly offensive & I am deeply sorry to all the parties concerned that are affected by my posting(s). If I'd tried it one hundred times or a million times, it wouldn't happen again."

No this is not sarcasm, this is serious shit. Whatever reason that lead me into posting this, it will remain as sacrosanct.

Anyway, I'm actually aware of the fact that I'm always angry most of the time. Any matter be it small or big, I'll just get angry at people of their shortcomings or weaknesses. But normally I don't do anything about it because back then, I thought it was considered 'acceptable' to judge others through my blog as everybody else seem to be doing the same thing. I've learned that just because I can hit 'Publish post', doesn't mean I should.

In other words, just because there are people who pissed me off & will piss me off in the future, that doesn't give me the right to curse them in my blog even if the blogosphere allows instantaneous dissemination of thoughts. Yes from now on, I will blog more responsibly.

Why the sudden change of heart? Simply because as a Christian, I am held liable for my postings on whether they will impact the kingdom of God & not destroying or bringing down another person. Therefore before blogging about something, I will evaluate my motives first & make sure I do not write them out of anger, impatience or self-righteousness.

To the chap who made a brouhaha about my blog, don't worry I know who you are. The next time I see your handsome face *cough*, rest assured I'm not going to stick a pair of chopsticks up to your throat because I'm a real nice guy. You lucky son of a woman ~

No comments:

Post a Comment